The Romantic castle Bouzov is situated in the woodland of Litovel. It was build around the beginning of the 14th century, with the first known owner from 1317.
From the middle of 14th century until 1695 the castle changed ownership several times.
In 1695 Bouzov was obtained by the Order of German Knights, but they did not take proper care of it over the following 200 years.
Not until the decision of the Order grand master, archduke Eugenius, did radical reconstruction take place (it was then carried out between the years 1896 and 1901).
The project, which was designed by professor George J. Hauberisser of the Munich Polytechnic University, was more or less respectful
of the ground plan of the old castle; however, it was the only similarity with the previous building shape.
The new structure, representing the Late German Gothic style, shows in relation to the rest of the Czech architecture very unusual features (little towers, etc.).
However, the castle as a whole is frequently used as setting for film fairy tales.
The oldest part of the town now occupies the area on which formerly stood an eleventh century castle.
In its place the royal Premyslid family built the Cathedral of St. Wenceslas in about 1110.
During the last reconstruction of the place tall spires built in the New Gothic style were added to the cathedral.
Historically valuable is the town's so-called Romance Palace. Only a wall now remains of the palace with the Romance style, two-part and three-part sectional windows.
Their masterful rendition reflects a high level of artistry and craftsmanship. The City Hall, formerly a mercantile house, dominates the spacious square.
The house underwent adaptations as early as 1378. Following the substantial reconstruction at the beginning of the 17th century,
the City Hall changed its appearance several more times, last time in 1903. An astronomical clock is situated in the alcove under the tower spire.
Another prominent feature of the square is the baroque pillar of the Holy Trinity.
The stony monument with the exceptionally valuable buildings has been preserved in the centre of Olomouc.
The church of St. Morris draws attention by its massiveness and prismatic-shaped spires.
It contains an impressive triple-nave gallery and houses a baroque organ with 10, 400 pipes.
Beautiful baroque decorations enrich the interior of the church of St. Michael, whose early Gothic predecessor was rebuilt by G. P. Tencalla in 1676 - 1686.
The power of the Jesuit Order is reflected in the appearance of college buildings and the church of the Immaculate Virgin.