Fertour Office: Mostecká 3, Prague 1

Phone: +420 - 257 530 232,  Fax: +420 - 257 531 570

Mobil:   +420 - 602 - 379 415

E-mail:  info@fertour-prague.com

Jihlava Region

  • Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou

    The Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou Baroque manor belongs to the most robust architecture sights of the first half of the 18th century in Central Europe. At the close of the 16th century the original medieval fortified settlement was refashioned as a Renaissance manor, overwhelmed by the later erected buildings. The manor gained its present appearance at the time of the Count Jan Adam Questenberk in 1700 - 1737. The Count belonged to great maecenases and lovers of music and theatre, so his manor became quite naturally a prominent centre of cultural life. The conductor of the manor band, František V. Míča, composed and, here in 1730, performed his opera "Of the Jaroměřice City Foundation". Its Italian lyrics were not long after translated into Czech, then the language of country folk and lower strata of society.

  • Telč

    The Telč manor is spectacular thanks to the owner's sensitive approach to the inheritance of the past. The original interiors have been preserved in a very good condition. Many of them are representative examples of the outreach of Italian art into our country, which was influenced often by the environment north of the Alps. The Gothic castle was built in the second half of the 14th century. Towards the end of the 15th century the castle fortifications were strengthened and a new gate-tower built there. By the middle of the 16th century the medieval castle no longer satisfied Renaissance noblemen, such as the cultured and well-travelled Zachariáš of Hradec. He had the castle altered in the Renaissance style. The ground floor was newly vaulted and the facade decorated with sgraffito.

  • Pernštejn

    Hidden in the forest of the eastern edge of the Bohemia-Moravia highlands, Pernštejn is one of the most important and most beautiful castles in Moravia. From the middle of the 13th century it was the seat of the Lords of Perštejn, who for centuries played an important role in the political affairs of the Czech Kingdom. Its present appearance results from the late Gothic transformations the castle underwent between 1450 and 1550. It came to be known as the "marble" castle because the marble-like local stone used to frame the doors and windows. The same material was used for the late Gothic church of nearby Doubravník. The family was obliged to sell both the castle and attendant estate, which marked the end of its days of glory. Around the 1700's Baroque alterations were carried out in the castle rooms, and in 1716 Franz Eckstein decorated the ceilings of the chapel while G.A.Corbellini added stucco to the Knights Hall. The end of the 18th century brought further modification required by the new owners, the Schröffl family from Mansberk. At that time A. Schweigl executed the sculptures for the castle gardens.