The manor has been a result of the reconstruction of a castle with a cylindrical tower, first adapted in the Late Gothic style (after 1528),
and afterwards expanded to the shape of a manor with four wings by Jan Šternberk and his descendants (1558 - 1568).
Walter Leslie performed a radical baroque reconstruction in 1651 - 1660. In 1908, the brothers Josef and Cyril Barton bought
the already dilapidated building and soon afterwards they initiated its overall reconstruction under the leadership of the architect
Dušan Jurkovič. His successor, P. Janák, went on designing the final shape of the interior with new, carefully detailed ceilings and wall paintings, mostly by F. Kysela.